NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older.
How to Enter:
1. Review these Official Rules for the Chef Michael Smith’s Kitchen Recipe Photo Contest (“Contest”). You must have a Tumblr account in order to enter via Tumblr; however, you may also enter via Twitter. To enter, prepare one of the three recipes shown, take a photo of your finished dish and then post it to your Tumblr page using the hashtag #winChefMichaelSmith. To enter via Twitter, tweet your photo to @PintailBooks and include the #ChefMichaelSmith hashtag. You may only prepare one recipe, but you may enter as many photos as you wish. Photos may not include obscene or offensive material or defame any person, or otherwise infringe on any person’s proprietary rights. Contest begins on July 18, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on August 18, 2012. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Pintail Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. By entering this Contest, you are agreeing to give your personal information only to Sponsor and not to Tumblr.
2. Your entry may be judged void if it is in whole or in part late, lost, misdirected or incomplete, or contains false information, or does not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
JUDGING & WINNER CONFIRMATION
1. On or about August 24, 2012, three (3) winners, one for each recipe, will be selected by a qualified panel of judges chosen by Sponsor.
2. Entries will be judged on photographic quality and the creativity of the composition/arrangement of the photograph, with equal weight being given to each criterion. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to the selection of the winners, and in regard to all matter relating to this Contest, shall be final and binding.
3. If a selected winner entered via Tumblr, Sponsor will contact that selected winner via their Tumblr account by clicking on the “Ask me anything” link on their Tumblr page and asking for the winner’s name and mailing address. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted and confirmed a winner as above, his/her entitlement to receive a prize may be forfeited, and prize may be awarded to an alternate eligible entrant.
4. If a selected winner entered via Twitter, that selected winner will be notified via a general Tweet announcement by @PintailBooks. Winner must then allow @PintailBooks to “follow” him or her on Twitter so that @PintailBooks can contact him or her via a Direct Message (“DM”). If winner does not allow @PintailBooks to follow him or her or enable the functionality to receive a DM, then @PintailBooks will select another winner.
5. After one week with no response from winner, Sponsor is also at liberty to select another winner. Winner must provide Sponsor with full contact details in order to be awarded the prize.
1. Each winner will receive a copy of Chef Michael Smith’s Kitchen: 100 of My Favorite Easy Recipes (Approximate Retail Value = $15.00). Prizes will be mailed to confirmed winners.
2. In the event that there are an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer or assignment. Prizes are non-refundable, not convertible to cash, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the prize as stated in these Official Rules).
1. To be eligible, you must be a resident of the fifty United States or theDistrict of Columbia, age18 or older.
2. You are not eligible if you are an employee of Sponsor, Tumblr, the author, their respective affiliates, or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, or a member of the immediate family or household member of any such employee.
Release of liability/Consent to publicity:
By entering the Contest, you: (i) confirm compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) consent to and grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to use your name, city, comments, photographs and/or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes, including posting on the Contest page without further notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign an agreement to that effect, except where prohibited by law; and (iii) release Sponsor, Tumblr, the author, their respective affiliates, and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability from any claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities arising in connection with the Contest and/or the prize.
1. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. These Official Rules shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.
2. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
4. Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest and amend the Official Rules at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
5. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
6. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. To the extent permitted by law, any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflicts of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within six (6) months of the end of the Contest to Pintail Books Marketing,375 Hudson Street,New York,NY10014, Attention: Chef Michael Smith Contest Winners List.
An imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Tumblr. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to Sponsor and not to Tumblr.
What personal information may be collected through this Promotion
In order to administer this Promotion, we request and collect personal information from you when you enter the Promotion, such as your name, date of birth (if required for participation in the Promotion), address, email address, and photograph (if required for participation in the Promotion).
How we may use your information
We will use your information to process your entry in the Promotion, and to notify you and mail a prize to you if you are a winner. We may also use your personal information for internal record keeping, to comply with any federal or state laws, regulations or rules applicable to the Promotion and to administer the Promotion.
In addition, you may have the right to “opt in” to certain of our uses of your personal information. For example, when you enter the Promotion, you may have the opportunity to choose, by checking the appropriate box, whether you want to receive promotional emails from us or to receive an email alert when a particular author publishes a new book. We will only communicate with you in this way if you consent by opting in.
If you opt in, you may later opt out of receiving our promotional e-mails by clicking on an opt-out or “unsubscribe” link within the promotional e-mail you receive. Please understand that if you opt out of all future promotional emails, we may still contact you in connection with the Promotion.
We may use third parties, to help operate and administer the Promotion and deliver prizes, and we may share your information with them to use on our behalf on an as-needed basis for such non-marketing purposes. We will not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we, including any co-sponsor of the Promotion and the author of the book(s) associated with the Promotion, may use your name, city, photographs and/or other likenesses forpublicity, advertising or informational purposes, including posting on relevant pages on this website without further notice or compensation, as set forth in the Official Rules.
We may disclose user information to government authorities and to third parties if required by law (including police investigation) or if we have reason to believe that someone is injuring or interfering with us, the Promotion, other users or third parties, or is violating the Official Rules.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Effective Date: 3/3/2011